Wednesday 28 March 2018

Trip report introduction: a day trip to Vilnius


Trip report introduction: a day trip to Vilnius
---
01. Trip report introduction
02. Norwegian 737-800 economy class, Stockholm to Vilnius
03. Which Baltic state is the best?
04. SAS/Cityjet CRJ900 economy class, Vilnius to Stockholm
---

After having to cancel my trip to Podgorica, Montenegro, I was excited to travel again! My doctor gave me the green light for this day trip to Vilnius, which I booked in October last year.

I made my first day trip abroad in December 2016, when I went to Helsinki with Finnair. There are so many flights (with various airlines) to and from ARN nowadays, that day trips are possible to quite a few cities around northern Europe. In my opinion, one day is usually enough to get a grip of a new city. If it should turn out to be a city I really like, I can always go back for a longer period of time in the future. But after the Helsinki trip, I hadn't been on another day trip before this one.

In October, Norwegian sold one way tickets for €20, but it wasn't possible to fly back with them from Vilnius, as I wouldn't have any time to explore. A quick search revealed that SAS also had cheap flights on this weekend, so for a total of €55 (and not having to fork over any money for accommodation), this turned out to be a really low cost day trip - perfect! It also meant that I would get to fly with two different airlines. I have flown with both Norwegian and SAS on numerous occasions, but since they are probably the two most common airlines to operate out of Arlanda, I guess it's only fitting to review them both here as soon as possible, so here goes!

The itinerary for this trip:
2018-03-18: DY4555, Boeing 737-800 economy class Stockholm to Vilnius
2018-03-18: SK739, Canadair CRJ900 economy class Vilnius to Stockholm

I don't think I've ever been so excited to fly a 738... let's catch this plane and get up in the air again!

No comments:

Post a Comment