Tuesday 20 February 2018

Trip report introduction: Dubai with Emirates


Trip report introduction: Dubai with Emirates
---
01. Trip report introduction
02. Emirates 777-300/ER economy class, Stockholm to Dubai
03. Flora Grand Hotel, Dubai
04. Emirates 777-300/ER economy class, Dubai to Stockholm
---

In December, it was decided that my workplace would send me and a colleague to a conference in Dubai, UAE. Traveling for work is rare for me (99 % of my flights are leisure), and UAE was also a country that I hadn't visited before (except in transit) so I didn't want to pass on this opportunity.

Now, call me crazy, but I would actually have preferred to go there and back again with Lufthansa and Swiss, despite (or because of?) the fact that that would mean connections in Frankfurt and Zurich. How come? I have already flown ARN-DXB with Emirates, I love Lufthansa, and I have yet to try Swiss. However, my colleague (who is not an AvGeek) was understandably not so keen on that kind of itinerary, so Emirates it would have to be.

Naturally, their non-stop service is more convenient. And it's not like Emirates is an airline that I try to avoid. Far from it. As a matter of fact, when the tickets were booked, I was actually keen to get back on their triple seven. I remember that I liked flying with them in 2014 (ARN-DXB-KUL and back), but I have a hard time recalling any specifics about the cabin and flight experience. That's actually one of the main reasons that I started this blog - to be able to go back several years later to see what I thought about a certain flight.

The itinerary for this trip:
2018-02-15: EK158, Boeing 777-300/ER economy class Stockholm to Dubai
2018-02-19: EK157, Boeing 777-300/ER economy class Dubai to Stockholm

So, this trip was solely work-related. Arriving late on Thursday night, and going back home early on Monday morning, with the conference running Friday-Sunday meant little time for sightseeing. It did however mean a great opportunity to kick-start the trip reports of this blog. So without further ado, let's head to ARN to catch that 777!

No comments:

Post a Comment